Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bad boys, bad boys. The Longest {Good} Date.

Hello singles, takens and friends-with-benefits-something-or-others,

Tonight I had the longest date I've ever had. It lasted from 1:30 p.m. until about 6:30 p.m. You're all dying to know if it was good or bad, though, aren't you? Because that would make or break the connotation of "the longest date ever," am I right?

Simply put, it was good. It really was. First a quick trip to the dog park, then lunch at a local hole-in-the-wall joint, and then afterward, a movie. All in all, not bad for a first date. I haven't mentioned this guy yet, and I'm not sure why. A couple days before the date, I spent over four hours on the phone with him, so that was definitely a good sign.

He was a complete gentleman, but not overly formal as to make things awkward. He had a great sense of humor and shared some family/friends stories (he told me he's already dished about me to his buddies, so I took that as a good sign).

We've already planned to get sushi tomorrow night, as a matter of fact. Such a quick turn around has never happened like that before.

Oh... and he's a cop.

Men in uniform, anyone? Ha. (Yes, I made him show me his ID to prove it). So I might have a few trust issues... What of it? I'm just cautious. Ha.

As I'm sure you've already put this together... yes, my dating schedule line up changed a little bit.

---------------------------------
Here's a quick re-cap:
---------------------------------

Last night, second date with the lawyer wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It just reiterated the fact that he was a little too concerned with money and the "finer" things in life --- whereas my pajama-loving, Netflix-watching, playing-with-my-dogs self probably just wouldn't be able to handle his high-rise condo constant nightscene lifestyle.

So... moving right along...

I actually had to postpone NASA. I know, bummer right? I was actually really looking forward to that one. It's set up for next weekend, though, so stay tuned.

But I did have brunch with divorced single dad. He was funny and it went okay (aside from the whole part where he answered the phone in the middle of the date without a kind "Excuse me, but I've got to take this"), but I felt like there was more of a connection on his end than mine. And if I'm going to date someone with kids, I've got to be sure there's a connection. 100%.

So that's when cop guy came in to the picture. We had been talking over the phone, exchanging text messages and the like, but had already set up sushi for Monday night.

A five hour first date is good in my book.... wouldn't you agree?

-- Miss Matched

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it an exciting experience to date a lawyer? Hehehe! They're smart, and you get the chance to talk about a lot of things. I wonder which of them you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it right, Charla! There’s a possibility that you’ll gain more knowledge regarding laws and people’s rights when you spend time with lawyers. This reminds me of my cousin who married a lawyer. Eventually she became more interested with the nature of his husband’s work. And after a couple of years, she enrolled in a law school and worked hard to become a successful lawyer.

    ReplyDelete