Monday, February 28, 2011

Mixed Matched

Hello there. I’ll be a guest blogger here for Miss.Matched. You can call me Mixed.Matched; I’ll be mixing things up around here from time to time.

Where to start?

Well. I was an early adopter of the online dating movement. The first fella I met online was 19-year-old Jeff. We met innocently in a chat room back in 1999. But when he started talking about moving and marriage, my little 15-year-old heart cut all ties. I was far too young to be agreeing to such drastic commitments.

Jeff was my first and only online dating experience until I joined Match.com in 2004. Older and wiser (heart beaten and bruised from past relationships), I felt I was prepared to dive back into the online dating world.

I can imagine what you’re thinking. 7 years on Match and no real success? Sounds pretty lame. I have to agree. But I can’t completely blame Match. I’m ridiculously hard to please and easily annoyed by suitors. Typically after a month of talking/dating, something minor happens that turns me off and I stop answering phone calls. This is true of dating in general, and not isolated to my online dates. Plus, I’ve been inactive on Match for a good portion of the last 7 years.

I say all of this because being an on-again-off-again member of Match makes me a bit of an online dating expert. I can give helpful advice, as well as tell all my horror stories and near successes.

So check back often. Soon I’ll be posting a blog on writing your perfect online profile. Until then…


1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard, Mixed Matched! Glad to have you here and can't wait for your hilarious date stories. :)

    ReplyDelete